May 26, 2010

Home









Although my home isn't as adorable as these homes in Burano, it's good to be back with TB, my cat Six, and all that is comforting and familiar. I had a wonderful trip and I'm thrilled with the photographs I took. They'll be keeping me busy for many months to come.

But in the middle of this heat wave we're having, nostalgia is simmering and my lazy, hazy brain finds itself reminiscing, remembering and missing:

  • The colors! My God ... the colors! Pinks, yellows, peaches, blues, greens. Villages like Burano and those in Cinque Terre are works of art. The houses are the canvases onto which the most amazing colors have been painted and one feels as though one is walking through a dream.
  • Taking a vaporetto instead of the bus in Venice
  • Tagliatelle (pasta) with truffles
  • Cafe Americano con latte
  • The amazing croissants I ate every day for breakfast while in Tuscany
  • Tomatoes bursting with flavor
  • The gentle rolling hills of Tuscany
  • The chance to photograph such incredible beauty for hours each day


6 comments:

The World Is My Studio said...

What an amazing experience! I daydream about doing things like this. Well..trying to make it a reality. :) Have fun with your photographs!

Lysanne said...

I look forward to seeing more photos on your stream!

Sidereal Day said...

It sounds like it was a fabulous trip! Glad you had a good time, and welcome home.
The photos you have posted so far are all gorgeous, and I can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

very lovely!

Candace said...

Your photos are so delightful....

Marie said...

superbe série !