May 14, 2010

Postcards from Italy







The church bells are ringing in Riomaggiore as I send you these few postcards from Italy. There's been a fair amount of rain and not as much sun as is usual for May, but my camera has been enjoying the variety of weather and light. Yesterday evening the light was magical as the sun broke through the stormy grey skies. Luckily, I happened to be standing with a magnificent view before me when it happened. It looks as though it has stopped raining for now, so I'm off for some lunch and a stroll. Tomorrow ... Siena and Tuscany. Ciao!

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Absolutely beautiful.

L'Éphémère said...

Really lovely, the tones are great.

Lavender Playground said...

the last photo took my breath away, so lovely!

Liz said...

Oh! Siena... sigh... these are SO lovely Irene, I just love looking at every little detail of the italian scenes...

A said...

Oh, those are really pretty! I love the colours. (Postcards from Italy is a beautiful song by Beirut, I don't know if you know it. =)

Katie*Belle said...

These images are amazing. They make me feel like I'm right there in Italy -- what a treat!

Pilar said...

I love the poetry there is inside each photograph. Congratulations!!! You must come to Argentina to have pictures taken. You'd love it!!:)

Gretchen said...

as always, dreamy!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love the postcard from the Cinque Terre. What a dream. I've been once, years ago, and am planning a trip for next year. Hopefully to stay with a friend's family in their hometown of Camogli, not far from the Cinque Terre. While all of Italy couldn't be more desirable, I find Liguria to be positively surrealicious. Maybe it's just my romanticized memory of it. I suppose I'll find out when I return, next year. In the meantime, your photos are an inspiration