August 13, 2010

Walkabout: Toronto

Last week I was in Toronto visiting friends and family. I had a chance to walk around some of my favourite neighbourhoods.

Kensington Market: I used to live near here when I was a student at the University of Toronto, and Sunday afternoon strolls to pick up fruit, veggies and cheese were common. I haven't been here in probably 15 years, so it was good to see that many of the classic shops are still there (like Cheese Magic and Courage my Love).
















Chinatown - the place to go for happy meat and dumplings:







Centre Island: Whoa. Did I have major flashbacks to my childhood while visiting the island. This place is a 70s time capsule.




7 comments:

Elisabelle said...

Wonderful photos!

Alexandra said...

These are so amazing (like the rest of your work). I love the softness and vintage feel...

Kristina said...

awesome pictures and tones. your work is always a pleasure to see.

Caitlin said...

Great photos, I love the shallow DOF, it gives the photos a really dreamy look. I love the one of the grey car, and the viewfinder reminds me of an Alex Colville painting.

Have a great weekend :)

Biana said...

Wow such eye-catching images. Very pretty

The Beachbaby said...

i love discovering your blog! :) amazing photos. and a shop called 'courage my love'?! i love it.

Amber said...

Wow, I love that car with all the plants growing out of it! That's really cool. I also love the green of the first picture. Great photos!